Monday, December 31, 2007

What are You Doing New Years?

OK, are you going out to dinner? A Party? Spending the evening with friends? Family? Do you have a New Years tradition? Will you be watching the ball drop at midnight in NYC? Are you one of the many people grateful that 2007 is almost over? I'm one of the latter.

For me, New Year's eve has always been a non holiday. Fortunately, it's the only one that contains an element of desperation. So many try too hard to have a good time, and usually at the expense of someone else. That's not for me.

I'll be thrilled when I slide beneath the sheets tonight to thank God for those who helped me get through 2007; knowing that I will sleep away the final hours of this year.

To my mind New Year's eve, like Thanksgiving, is a time to count our blessings and let go of the flotsam and jetsam that made up the ugly, the stupid, the vile, as well as the painful moments we experienced. I know. Easier said than done.

More important is to remember those moments when our behavior toward others was less than stellar. The New Year is our opportunity to change that sort of behavior.

My wish to you for 2008 is that you keep every resolution you make; that you remember the lessons learned in 2007; that you have folks in your life who will call you on your BS; that you work hard to be the person you know you can be. Give back, volunteer to help others, speak your truth, pray for the best for everyone you know (even the unfriendly) while working even harder to make your own dreams a reality.

Here's to 2008. Cheers!

"Invisible Champagne" image is from HERE.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...