Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ow! Ow! Ouch!

I think I’ve cracked a rib or three…and sporting an egg sized bump on the back of my head.

Ever since I was on a high dose of Prednisone for a year in 2006 – 07 my balance and depth perception have been out of whack. (If you have ever had to take that stuff, you know what I mean. The side effects can be lethal.) Although the slow weaning process ended in December 2007, things just haven’t been right.

Here I was just taking out the trash when I slipped on the porch landing and fell backwards onto more than a few steps cracking my head on the floor of the landing above me. I was holding on to the rail with my free hand, and am clueless as to how it happened.

I didn’t know what happened really, maybe it was the wet landing and my foot just came out from under me. I lay there for a while still clutching the damned garbage bag in one hand trying to collect my thoughts; assessing the possible damage – or broken bones – before even trying to get up.

The pain is horrible and made worse by attempts to take deep breaths, or any breath for that matter. This is going to leave marks, several I think.

I am going to take a few aspirin and lie down. I am such a klutz. Jeez.

More later, or maybe not.

*

2 comments:

  1. W, take it easy. When sleeping in bed is too painfull do it in your most comfy chair. When I cracked my ribs I spend 2 months sleeping in my chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling some better! I am just catching up with everyone. Sorry to hear about this!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...