Thursday, February 12, 2009

It Might as Well be Spring!

Temps hit the upper 70s yesterday and it looks like today may be a duplicate, though maybe not quite as warm. It feels more like April than February. I took a walk on the beach after finishing the chores in the afternoon and hope to do so again today.

Maybe not. We're scheduled for wind gusts of between 30 and 50 mph by afternoon and I don't think I could handle being sand-blasted this early in the year. We'll see. The sky is a deep blue but the sea grass is bent almost horizontal back in the marshes.

I've been singing (or humming) this song since yesterday's walk.

I keep wishing I were somewhere else,
Walking down a strange new street.
Hearing words that I have never heard
From a man I've yet to meet.
I'm as busy as a spider spinning daydreams,
I'm as giddy as a baby on a swing.
I haven't seen a crocus or a rosebud
Or a robin on the wing.
But I feel so gay,
In a melancholy way,
That it might as well be spring,
It might as well be spring.

A big sigh and thank you to Mr. Rodgers and Mr. Hammerstein. Song is from the 1945 film, State Fair.

More later.
*

1 comment:

  1. So now, who is reminding whom just how old he is!? I can sing this one too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...