Saturday, April 18, 2009

That Was The Week That Was

Not many folks will remember the TV show, but believe me, it's true in this case. Today is my first day off in over a week. And look, someone found the rainbow's end! (Click to embiggen.)

Worked three days at job #1, and trained three in a row at the new job where a lot more goes into making it work than previously thought. There's a science to everything involved. I continue to be coached, while learning the logic and common sense behind every decision that must be made. A far cry from when I worked a similar job in New York when I was 22 years old - that would be 40 years ago - when there was little responsibility surrounding the post.

Well, I have nothing if not common sense, so it's only a matter of time and experience before I get a good handle on things.

Topped off yesterday with a wonderful gift from G*d - my friend Elizabeth come down for a few days and wanted to have dinner together. Before meeting at Dos Locos, she had a hair appointment, and since her birthday is next week, treated herself to a Thai massage (which she insists I must have, as well). By the time we were seated she was relaxed and energized, we had crab legs and our signature Sapphire Martini, laughed a lot, talked about serious stuff a bit, totally enjoying the company we were in for two hours. A real love fest. All in all, a fantastic ending to a hectic week.

She reminded me of how far I've come in the past three years since losing everything in the break up and was astounded that I have taken on a job that is out of my comfort zone, but something at which I will be very good. From her mouth to G*d's ear.

BTW, Dos Locos is also the site of the new job.

Today will be a quiet one. Cooking, music, NPR, a walk, and reading my fave blogs are the order of the day.

Tomorrow it starts all over again but I can look forward to two days off next week. Whatever will I do with myself with two whole days to myself? We'll think of something, for sure.

Today life is good and I feel blessed.

More later.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...