Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Will He Make it Through Summer?

As unbelievable as it may seem, even to myself, I made it through the first 9 days of working two jobs. Two TOTALLY different jobs. And...my next day off is 4 days away. Yes, Saturday.

The first few days at the new job were harrowing (to be expected), because aside from the details of the position, I wasn't prepared for standing in one place for the better part of 5 hours, but by Sunday I hit my stride and began to feel more comfortable - and the ability to move around more.

I won't get rich off either job, but I like them both for different reasons. The old one is familiar and I love the people I've worked with for 12 years. They were my life line during the breakup and supported me in so many ways. The new one takes me back into the community - back to the world of the living - after two years of self imposed exile following the end of the previous life. Amazingly, those from that life seem more uncomfortable seeing me than I could possibly imagine. Shock is evident as they freeze up when I give each a hug. WTF?

Working on Easter turned out to be a lovely and satisfying experience. I am sure it was due to the positive energy exchanged. As I headed back to the apartment after work I felt filled with energy offered by others that I accepted. I slept well Sunday night. Being totally exhausted helped, for sure.

That I have not addressed the nature of the new job is no accident. I will reveal that info if I make it through these first few weeks. I don't want to jinx it (or as we say in New Orleans, "put a gris-gris on it") and jeopardize the whole thing.

If I make it through the summer, I will have put a big dent in the debt owed to the hospital and ER from last November. I hate having debts hanging over my head, so I hope to pay off most of the ER bill and at least a third of the doctor's bill.

May my words enter the ears of G*d.

More later.

*

4 comments:

  1. I like the spring look of your blog (lovely Tulips).

    Good luck with your 2 jobs; it must be keeping you very busy........

    Hope you have a wonderful spring/summer - we'll be leaving in May for the Grand Canyon (taking the motor-home up there for 4 months to get away from the heat).

    Stay healthy. Regards, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a commendable goal, to be out of debt
    May it be so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes. May you be granted the stamina and strength to see it through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've come a long way. I never had a doubt.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...