Thursday, November 5, 2009

Election 2009, and What?

So, there were good things and not so good things to come out of this election cycle. To me, the worst of the worst were the dumbass 'pundits' mouthing their usual drivel, gazing into their crystal balls, making dire pronouncements but seemingly unable to respond to a direct question with a straight forward answer.

Same idiots, different election (not to be confused with this blog's header). Why do the networks give these people a forum? They haven't visited the real world in many election cycles, so why bother.

And to drag Douglas Feith ("the fucking stupidest guy on the face of the Earth") out of his troll cave to air his insipid views was like urine in the snow. After all, the schmuck was canned by Georgetown University for his blabbery and make-it-up-as-you-go-along tactics leading us into Iraq.

I watched as much as I could stand until I began to feel like Malcolm McDowell in Clockwork Orange viewing all those horrid films - eyes locked open. I had an insatible desire to pour bleach in my eyes. I shook it off, changed channels to something frivilous, had a dish of ice cream, brushed teeth and went to bed.

It's important to realize that the Maine "YES 0n 1" campaign was lavishly fundied by the Roman Catholic Church who were clearly successful in scaring the bejeesus out of voters, much like the rightwing Repubs are attempting to frighten everyone about the Health Care Plan and Public Option.

It is my opinion that we need more educated, enlightened voters to spur us into the 21st century mindset. Well, I can dream, can't I? However, with the garbage being spoon fed to the electorate by the media and pundits, I fear there is little hope. Maybe the next generation, if we can wait that long.

What did we expect from an election day that took place during a full moon? Class? Anyone?

Never mind.

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. Again, another excellent post. It is always a pleasure to view the world through your rose colored glasses. Well, actually you don't have rose colored glasses do you?

    By the way, check the Cape Gazette tomorrow. There will be an ad for Front Desk Clerk at my place of employment. Subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, what I wouldn't give for Rose Coloured Glasses - and maybe even X-ray vision, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cajun, with X-ray vision you see through clothes AND flesh! Unless you want to see the bones ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not holding out much hope for an intelligent electorate - at least not in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...