Sunday, November 1, 2009

Time Flies Like an Arrow...

Fruit Flies Like a Banana. Or something like that.

It's November already! I remembered to turn the clocks back before hitting the sheets last night. The electronic ones for the TV and DVD player are always a challenge. Juggling three remotes isn't my idea of a good time.

My internal clock was still on DST when I woke up at 3:45 which is still 4:45 in my brain. Bother.

After a coffee, I put the extra time to good use by sorting out more boxes of stuff I haven't used - and probably won't again - to be taken to the thrift store. That has freed up space in the bedroom and closets. A stop at the storage unit will undoubtedly yield more boxes, as well. But that will wait until another day.

So, here it is. The good news is that I won't have to drive to work in the dark. The bad news is that I have to drive home in the dark.

I am off to baby-sit precious gems today. It's a riveting experience, sort of like watching ones finger nails grow. Oh, and...It's raining - AGAIN. Damn! Now where are those Mary Janes?

I must say that the rain brings out the vivid Autumn colours nicely. The orange, red and gold all slick with water is quite a beautiful sight.

More later.
*

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I stopped in to visit you babysitting your family jewels today. I have my eye on that blue diamond ring. Don't sell it until I win the lottery. That should be any day now. I'm WAY overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should get together and make communal trips to the thrift store. Early this afternoon I was in the basement and spied four other things that I had intended to take on my last trip and forgot - not to mention the boxes upon boxes in the attic awaiting me!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...