Monday, November 30, 2009

Full Moon and Empty Heads #4

Morning:
School bus driver refuses to move out of the left lane to let a state trooper pass although the trooper is flashing and cranking the siren. Why? The bus needed to make a left turn at the next light - half mile away.

Woman walks into the jewelry store laughing hysterically; I assume she's on a cell call, but there's no phone in her hand and no ear piece. She talks to herself and laughs again, then glares at me for a second and hurries out the door.

Afternoon:
As the rain (yes, again!) began falling heavily I watched a guy walk across the parking lot shaking and tossing his head wildly as though being attacked by a swarm of bees. As he reached to dry overhang of the mall, all the jerking and bobbing stopped - as if nothing ever happened. At first I thought - the hair, it must be the hair - but he was wearing a sort of Crocodile Dundee kind of hat. OK, then.

I'm showing a ring to a very cheerful and interesting woman when the door flies open and this water-soaked, crazed woman launches herself toward the customer, screeches to a halt on the wet floor next to the customer and bellows "I found the Pocahontas pajamas!" Ah yes, a true Eureka moment, to be sure. Scared the crap out of me, but she found her longed-for treasure. Everyone was happy.

Evening:
Driving back to the apartment - it was dark and the heavy downpour continued - an old, well cared for Plymouth (1970's, don't know the model) appeared out of nowhere and couldn't decide which lane it needed to be in. OK, this confusion happens often and the darkness and rain made a bad situation worse. You see, at this junction, a right turn will take you to the Ferry to New Jersey while a left turn will take you to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to Maryland and Washington DC. The poor soul kept weaving from left lane to right while all vehicles behind slowed to a crawl until the car spotted the sign it was looking for and veered wildly into the left lane and all was right with the world.

The headache was so bad when I finally arrived, I needed Ibuprofen, or morphine.

I've enjoyed a cocktail and am relaxed enough that I can feel my appetite returning. Supper is up next.

I am so over all this rain, as well as these crazy full moons, which unfortunately seem to occur about every month. Who knew? Sometimes I wonder if others think I am acting bizarre. Nah...Hmmmmmmmmmm!

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. Maybe still some after effects of Black Friday or was it pre Cyber Monday?!

    Where were the wherewolfs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people just make life *more* "interesting"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep a notebook and record all your "sightings" for a year or so. Then publish that book and you can retire. You have a wonderful, humorous way of telling your stories of your daily adventures into the Great Unwashed. They're out there! I'm about to go out the door now. Guaranteed I'll run into at least one nut. Guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...