Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Eleanor Powell - Fascinatin' Rhythm.

Be still my heart. The best damned tap dancin' lady at MGM, or anywhere for that matter. In my opinion Ann Miller was all hair, attitude, and bitterness over not being part of the Freed unit.

I watched That's Entertainment 2 and 3 last night (yes, my life is a bit dull) and staging of this number was one of the segments. It revealed the behind the scenes operation involved in moving the bits of stage out of the way for the final dance.  Yeah, Fascinatin'!  And that's an understatement. Enjoy.
I'll be watching the original That's Entertainment this evening after supper.
And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...