Friday, April 9, 2010

Wading at Low Tide.

Following my disastrous attempt at TurboTax (touted to be FREE, but always look for the asterisk (*) in the ads), which cost me $65. only to learn that I was up to my eyeballs in hock to the IRS and the state (whew!) I decided to ask a pro to help me out. She's one of the best around and a very busy lady, but she took me on and I delivered all documentation to her a while back. If she chose not to I would be trying to contact the taxman to ask for a payment plan or go to jail.

As usual for me, I have been a basket case over the amount TT calculated that I owed. Don't know if it was my error (likely) or something else.  Today when she called to make dinner reservations I was told that she had found a few errors in the paperwork and I owed substantially less to the IRS, but about the same to the state.  How can this be?  Dunno.

I'll take what I can get. Wading at low tide one risks getting stuck in mud and sand and I didn't want that to happen.  Not this year.

It's the end of the week for many, but this was my second day back to work, so it was "Tuesday" and lunch got off to a slow start due to the inclement weather.  That all changed as the sun came out and the clouds were blown away. It was still chilly compared to the past 4 days but that didn't seem to matter. People came out in sunglasses, light jackets and picture hats. Both sexes...Oh, baby!

The staff, including the boss, was in high spirits and pumped for the weekend. This is "women's weekend" in town featuring entertainment, workshops, dining, and lots of other good stuff. We are a participating restaurant offering 10% off all meals and $1.00 off all cocktails for the extended weekend. There are 9 others offering the same or similar. Should be a fun time.

Enjoyed a fantastic Cosmo as an after-shift cocktail this afternoon and now that supper food is prepped and ready to cook, will enjoy a festive martini.

Which reminds me, I must address Dr. Spo regarding his book-readin' as it applies to martinis. Dr. Spo, the dear, is being misinformed (don't believe everything you read) and since I know he loves olives too, I feel obliged to help set the record straight - so to speak.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. I hope the tax news was even better for you once you got to sit down with the expert. I've not used TT for years when they started getting a little too predatory.
    On a side note, I think I saw the Bump! episode on your town tonight. The stars aligned by chance and I was homo alone for a bit. I happened to flip through the schedule ahead of time enough to see the entire episode. It only made me wish I was single, buf, and forty years younger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't it seem like Saturday today? I don't know where I missed a day.

    Sorry to hear of your problems with Turbo Tax and the taxes. I agree with you that Turbo Tax misleads about their software being free. It is not.

    As good as software is it still depends on your input. I screwed up and didn't put in my medical insurance deductions. Thus, instead of owing I get money back. I had to file an amended return. Lots of luck. I'm still waiting for my refund.

    You know what they say about death and taxes? Oh, and the other saying...."Life's a bitch....then you die."

    Have a wonderful one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lem: I wasn't that thrilled with the RB episode, but the one that followed about Vermont I found fascinating.

    Ron: The tax paperwork will be delivered today at work. I'm keeping everything crossed, even the eyes.;-)

    Thanks for the visit guys.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...