Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Alka-Seltzer Plus or NyQuil?

Whenever I see, hear, or type "NYQUIL" I think of Sophia on Golden Girls talking about how she and her friends got through boring days at the old folks home doing "NyQuil Shooters" to maintain their sanity. Anyway...

 Although I'm making headway and gaining ground lost due to the relapse of the cold last week I am being cautious. Remaining in, or close to the bed for the 2 days off seemed to help and I had more energy when I went back to work on Thursday.  While the deep cough persists (as it does with 3 others at the restaurant), overall I have felt a little better each day.

Working extra long days over this Pink & Red Valentine weekend, I decided not to push my luck and stayed close to home today. I did laundry (desperately needed), had a sudden craving for an old fashioned egg salad (so I made one), and realized that I had 3 pounds of cubed beef defrosted that had to be turned into something before it went bad. So, I am cooking one of my favorite dishes - Beef Daube Provencale - and I am frustrated - frustrated I tell you - that I have no sense of smell to enjoy the aromas.  Damn this cold! (Click on the image above to embiggen.)

Organized all tax materials and got them to the person who is now preparing them for me, since I screwed up so badly the past 2 years.  Yes, she just shook her head and said, "Jeez, just give me everything!" So, I did. This year I was missing only one form (who knew?) which I received in PDF format this afternoon and sent on to her as an email attachment.  So much more convenient to get your blood sucked by the government these days, isn't it? I've been begging the Universe, promising anything (Groucho glasses, feather boa, the kazoo from the upstate NY Flaming Kazoo Marching Band from Pride 2003), so I don't have to pay extra taxes this year.  Forget about a refund, I'll be happy with a neutral return - balance = 0!

The tax stuff was only one item on a short list of things that need doing, as opposed to the longer list of things I want to do. A walk on the beach was scrapped. The weather wasn't as warm and inviting today as yesterday's 63'F.  It was 34' today with stronger winds and I was not going to chance another relapse. 

If all goes well, I will venture out by motor vehicle tomorrow to finish off that short list of "things that must be done" before going back to work on Thursday.

I've received a most bizarre email from some jerk responding to a comment I left on another blog. It was a personal post, nothing political or religious, I simply offered my best wishes.  But this message just said, "Nice going, you are only 2 years late."  I have no idea what that was supposed to mean.  Schmuck!   Delete.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Hope that you continue to get better.
    That is too funny about that comment. One time, I had to many blogger comment boxes open to various blogs and I made a funny/sexual comment on some nice grandmother's blog, by mistake, who was talking about quilts. I'm very care now. m.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...