Wednesday, February 9, 2011

How I Feel Today: part 2

Yes, this is how I feel today.  My ass needs a vacation; some time off away from everything and everyone.  Haven't been on a real holiday since the ill-fated wedding trip to Toronto in 2003, and to my mind that doesn't count. I would love to have a week, but would settle for a few days if I could.

I've done nothing of value to the world these past couple of days. Nursing the cold has been the top priority, so other than taking meds for that, I've eaten when hungry, slept when sleepy, drank constantly (mostly water, hot green tea with honey, and orange juice) and repeated as needed.

No music, no radio, no news, and no reading. Only the deafening silence broken by my coughs, or ragged breathing. Just getting to and from the microwave to heat food was a major chore. Didn't even have the energy to walk down the stairs to the laundry room to wash and dry some clothes.  That's how bad it has been.

Feeling a little better this afternoon though the cough is still deep and painful. I may get to work on some of my tax forms later on. I'm going to take a crack at cooking supper tonight rather than face another micro-leftover. That, in itself, is a good sign. 

This isn't the dreaded flu that everyone's talking about.  No, this is a demon rhino-virus that takes you to the mat and keeps slamming you back there each time you try to rise. Not 100% on my feet - but better than Monday. 

Come to think of it, maybe I did do something of value by staying away from other humans who may have contracted this vile thing if I was around.  No Typhoid Mary am I. No sir!!!

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. You need a wife to take care of you. You should get one of those mail order ones from some crazy country. You would have a servant and she wouldn't have to "put out". Everybody wins!
    I hope that you continue to get better.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mark: I was in a relationship for 30 years until I was dumped for someone else 4 years ago.

    I wash my own dishes, cook better than many, and have serious doubts that I could ever again live with anyone.

    After loving someone for so long and are left with a nasty aftertaste, well, no more need be said.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...