Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dusting off the Nikon and a Dusting of Snow

Yes, the temp of 74'F last weekend was just a teaser. Last night it got down to 30' and I woke to about 3" of white all around.  Not bad, actually, it could have been much worse. Those north and west got hit with a lot more. (Ooooo, a red velvet cake in the form of a Nikon. Yum. Click to embiggen.)

Still, it put a damper on plans for the free day. Reworked the 2-day agenda to perform some chores originally planned for tomorrow. It's for the best so that if tomorrow is sunny and warmer, I have a shot (no pun intended) at getting out and doing a bit of photography, which I haven't done in almost a year. Weather or work always interfered and it's been gnawing at me for a while now.

Unlike blog-buddie Mark (Our Simple Lives...) who is great at portrait photography (especially of his 4 beautiful kids), I take snapshots of people, for the most part. Sometimes I see everyday things in a different way and try to capture that difference.  It's hard to explain, really. Maybe if I get brave sometime, I'll post some of these.  Maybe not.

One of the chores today then, was to break out the Nikon, dust it off, and try to remember how to use it.  I'm a bit rusty, but some is coming back to this tired old brain.  Thanks to blog-buddie & friend Ron, (Retired in Delaware) I have a little digital camera with me every day. But that made me lazy.

One of my coworkers recently joined a local digital camera/photography club and seems to enjoy the experience.  Maybe I'll follow his lead next Fall after the season is over and there is more free time to play. The club membership year runs from September to May, so it isn't worth the money for me to join for only 2 months - at full membership fee, btw.

After gathering all the year-end tax information I broke out in a cold sweat and decided to have the returns done by a pro who is the accountant for the restaurant and suggested by the doslocosguys. It can't be any worse than my botched attempts of the past. The returns should be ready any day now; I am apprehensive and hopeful that I won't have to pay as much as the past 4 years.  I've got fingers, toes, and eyes crossed. 

Needless to say this makes it difficult to walk and see clearly causing people to look at me kind of funny. I do not mean "funny" as in Ha-ha!

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. "could have been worse" can be found in many of your posts and I wondered if it was due to your positive outlook on the simple things in life. You always find something good in a bad situation.

    I like that. Wish I could be so, too.

    BJ

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...