Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy Hour at the Biergarten - Om-Pah-Pah!

It's been almost a week since this second Happy Hour with co-workers occurred, however busy-ness at work has kept me from putting down my thoughts of the event.  Yes, there are a few things to note:

1.  I knew little of the drama played out daily in the restaurant kitchen. Think "Faust" squared.  Learned more than I ever wanted (or needed) to know.  Sad.

2. I am more respected by the servers than I ever imagined. Some of the night crew are happy when they are scheduled to work a double shift and I am managing the front of the house for lunch that day.  They would never say anything for fear of being bumped from the schedule in the future.  No, I don't get it, either, but...I am Happy, indeed.

3. The appetizers here a the beirgarten are half the menu price for HH so we indulged in baked brie with currents and diced melon, fresh broccoli crowns dipped in melted jack cheese & garlic, and giant battered onion rings in a cool cream sauce that blew me away. Well, you know, Cajuns and onions, and all that!  It's true.

It was a good time and interesting for me as I get to know more about the people I work with and learn of their gifts and talents shared with us all. 

It was a cool, breezy evening and sitting outdoors was refreshing. We had 2 cocktails each and I was the odd man (?) out; only allowed to pay for the  appetizers...Next time, next time!

And so it goes...
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...