Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Line Dancing is All The Rage.

Last evening's Christmas party at the restaurant went on without me. Couldn't muster the energy or spirit.  I didn't eat much all day and was in bed by 8 PM - slept til 6 AM. Still not much of an appetite, so I ran a few errands that needed attention.

Today I learned to do the line dance - again.  It's been a long time, I was a little rusty, but quickly got into the groove (line) with the downbeat. The Holiday Line Dance

I had completely forgotten what Christmas shopping mania was like first hand. Seriously! There were lines EVERYWHERE!!!  It's not like I was hunting down the newest must-have electronics or the hot toy du jour, no...mixed nuts (in shells, not easy to find anymore), a special wine and infused rum for a couple of co-workers. Hell, even the grocery store (on a Wednesday?)

A mass of stressed out humanity shouting into cell phones to someone on the other end their most desperate needs and fears would have put me on edge if I didn't find their complaints inane and funny.  In Staple's, I overheard more 4-letter-words from shoppers with kids in tow than at the local VFW hall.  (OK, don't ask)

The lines moved quickly, but the frustration etched on the faces in those lines was anything but Christmas/Christian like. No wonder I can't find my Merry-ho-ho this year.

Example, the last stop was the post office to post a few cards and a package. When I arrived I was 14th in line. Probably 10 people stuck their heads in then left immediately. What they didn't see was that all service windows were open and the line moved along at a rapid rate; I was on the way home in 6 or 7 minutes.

As the holiday pace quickens, those lines will become longer, more frustrating, and the folks who didn't give a few minutes of their time today, will be stuck in even longer lines before they finally get the items sent.

This was my final sojourn into the tinsel-tension, aside from one more trek to the market, so I'm home free until the holidays are over. And grateful beyond all measure.


And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. we should ALL line dance at dr. spo's party in march!

    no post office or stores or anything like that for me until after shitmas is over. although I did run into the grocery store at 8a for a baking item...in-n-out in 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...