Thursday, December 20, 2012

On the Boardwalk: Remembering Newtown

After running a few errands yesterday afternoon, I decided to enjoy some salt sea air and headed for the beach.  There was Santa's House. Santa was taking a lunch break at the time, but would be back shortly.


And just to the right, hung on the protective fence, there is a memorial of wreaths dedicated to the kids killed in Newtown, CT. Each child's name was printed on a small card below each wreath. There were few people around, but those who spotted the display couldn't help but be moved.  A few just shook their heads as they walked by.  I had a knot in my stomach as I walked back home.


Sad, that.

And so it goes.
*


1 comment:

  1. I cannot think about those kids without getting a lump in my throat and tears welling up in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...