Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday on the Cape with the Cajun

Focused on getting in a walk today, I drove into town with the idea of a brisk walk on the boardwalk. Unfortunately, the Boardwalk is torn up and under construction, so I drove up to North Shores and hit the beach instead.

Only one other person was there with his two cute dogs (who clearly loved the ocean and beach) off leash and having the time of their lives. As they played and did their romping thing, I joined him in laughing at their antics. Those dogs will sleep well tonight, for sure.


Then I continued my walk north toward the cape inhaling deeply the salt air and enjoying sound and rhythm as the Atlantic did its thing sending waves crashing on the beach. The wind was pretty strong but I had on layers so the only part exposed was my nose. It still burns and I may wake up to a wind-burned schnozzle tomorrow. Whatever. It was worth it for the relaxing environment as well as the head clearing effect the sea spray delivered to me in a personal way.


When I got back to the apartment, I took a hot shower, decided what I was going to prepare for supper and began making a loaf of bread – this time a Monterey Jack and green olive loaf. Smells great right now and it hasn’t even begun to bake.


Time for some sippin' whiskey and music, then supper - in that order – and just like those dogs on the beach, I know I will sleep well tonight.


And so it goes.


*

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delightful afternoon for February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. I hope the boardwalk is repaired by the time I get down there next month.
    Looking forward to seeing you again before heading back to FL.

    CF

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...