Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolutions vs. Change

I don't make resolutions; I think it's a waste of time, energy, and makes change virtually impossible. It's a self-imposed guilt trip.  It's a set-up for failure.  I cannot force myself to change something that I really don't want to change."Be it resolved" is a great phrase, but the issue at hand is seldom, if ever, "resolved".

Maybe I want to lose 5 pounds; walk more; get out of the apartment more; eat more fish; subscribe to a TV service, etc.  You get my drift.

If I want to make a change, I have to want it to happen. That's the bottom line - WANTING that change. I have to make it happen. I cannot fake it. It's like that old definition of crazy, "keep doing what you've always done and expecting a different outcome" and it doesn't work that way.

I don't mind being alone. In fact, I'm not sure I could live with someone now.  I love the privacy and never having to explain anything to anyone.

Instead of resolutions, I have a goal or two, for 2012. I want to meet some blogger buddies, especially those who live nearby.  If it becomes financially feasible, I'd like to meet others farther away. I'd like to break bread, share a drink and learn more about them and their environment.  Likes and dislikes, pet peeves and petty annoyances are secondary, since I follow bloggers with similar taste and sensahumah. No names, I think you know who you are.

I strive to maintain my health, such as it is, and work at staying up-right and mobile even with the arthritis and spine problems. I keep moving and exercising, regardless of the pain. The alternative is not an option.

And...I am still searching for one person who has a hankering to take an Alaskan cruise or cruise-tour.  I cannot afford the price of a cabin alone.  I'll just leave this out there and see what happens in 2012.


The Universe is full of surprises.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. Privacy and never having to explain ANYTHING to anyone...that's a BIGGIE. I miss it. I envy all you single guys who can come and go as you please without having to tell where you're going, what you're doing and when you will be back. Life on a leash, after all this time I'm still not used to it. Savor your freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this "privacy" thing that you're talking about? I know nothing about that.
    I swear to you, we will meet you this year. That's a promise!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well put sir .... without being an internet pharmacist have you looked into adding Niacin to your daily dose !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...