Sunday, March 25, 2007

Boxes and Paper and Tape. Oh, My!

While not up to my ass in boxes last week, I am now.

Every day this week before and after work, and on days off I have packed two, three, six boxes and there are more empty ones scattered about the house as I attempt to find the right size box for the right stuff. Bathroom, Kitchen, clothing, books, CDs, and, well, you get the idea.

After working 10 hours yesterday, I came back to the house and packed well into the night. I slept in this morning, and decided not to attend church services, but do more packing instead.

I finally see that I am making headway in the process.

I’ve used the big boxes for the light things, bed linens, towels, blankets, etc., and because of my shoulder and hands, I cannot pack anything too heavy in large boxes. While a number of folks have offered to help with the move, I take no chances that something will come up at the last minute forcing them to cancel. I am not going to pack the clothes in the closet. I’ll leave them on hangers, bunch them into groups, tie them together with twist ties, and lay them flat on the floor of the cargo area of the car for the short ride to the new place and just hang them in their new closet.

I’ve filled two more trash bags with junk that I somehow couldn’t live without a few months ago. Thankfully, tomorrow is trash pick up day.

The plan is to begin taking clothes over this afternoon so I can present the first month’s rent check. Yes, well, that’s the plan. Depends on how tired – and sore – I am when I stop the packing and have taken a hot shower…

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...