Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Personal Mid-week Update

Sophie Tucker (and thanks to Bette Midler for keeping her legacy alive) is rumored to have said during a power outage at some theatre, “somebody help me, I am up to my ass in midgets." Just try to visualize it.

Well, though I am not quite ‘up to my ass’ in them, boxes are getting packed; albeit slowly since there may still be house showings. But, to hell with it, I have to get on and get out and move on. I have taken 7 boxes of books to the library, 3 bags of clothes to the thrift shop – with more to follow – and thrown away all those old tee shirts depicting the magical times of which we were a part and had to keep to remind ourselves. Stonewall 25, Evita, Earth Day, AIDS Walk 93, etc. You get the idea.

I was supposed to have a meeting with my future “roomie” this evening, but I guess he had to work late and was too tired, so was a no-show. It’s OK; I told him it was no big deal if it was tonight or tomorrow night. I’ll still be here packing and sealing boxes. The tough part of all this is where to start? Where to start with 30 years of memories? I will tell you the secret when I discover it.

I am hoping to be out of here and in the new digs by the beginning of April. I have always disliked moving because of all the hassles entailed. But, there is nothing for it.

The change of address. The new ISP. The slow process of adjusting to a new environment. I mean, I haven’t had a roommate in almost 40 years. Yes, major adjustments.

A number of friends have offered to help with the move, which is a godsend. So, it’s all good.

I received a call from a childhood friend telling me to keep my sense of humor. Well, that’s about all I am keeping and it is what has kept me sane, well, semi-sane through all this. Hell, I laugh at myself just about every 10 minutes and that’s got to be worth something.

If you don’t know the background of this soon-to-be-ended saga, and for some bizarre reason you’re curious, just leave your email address and a comment and I will send you the link. Your email address will not be published with your comment.

More later.

*

1 comment:

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...