Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Hero of Mine is Gone

Arthur C. Clarke was not my first love of Science Fiction, but he was the only one that made me believe what he was writing would be possible, some day. He and I have lived to see much of what he imaged become reality. Rendezvous with Rama, The City and the Stars, and Childhood's End are my all time faves. Here's a compact version, if you will, of 2001, A Space Odyssey.



Clarke died yesterday at age 90. We have only to read, or re-read his works to discover again what he added to the techno conversation.

R.I.P.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...