Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Best of 2008.

Getting to know - in person and otherwise - other bloggers I admire was a personal high for me, but this is my best moment of 2008, and it's the entire speech.

Comments moderation was enabled because some comments left on several posts were angry and downright mean, telling me that I am not a great writer, there were plenty of blogs like mine, but better, and I should just go away. I never thought myself a Steinbeck or Baldwin; I write what I feel. However, I do know the difference between 'there' and 'their' - 'would of' and 'would've' - 'were' and 'we're' or 'where' - which cannot be said of several of those commenters.

I received this from a friend today:
There comes a point in your life when you realize
who matters,
who never did,
who won't anymore...
and who always will.
So, don't worry about people from your past,
there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.
Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
I am grateful for those supportive (sometimes humorous) comments as well insightful posts on their own sites; they make me think, give me pause, have spurred me on through some difficult times, and life looks a hell of a lot better on this side of the Year.
And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. It is unfortunate that bloggers need to endure mean-spirited comments. I would think that very few of us approach this activity with thoughts that we are writing for the ages!

    Let's hope that 2009 lives up to even half of its promise.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...