Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bread - Without the Circus

It turned cold again last night so I have spent today indoors cooking and baking bread. Yes, I dug out the old bread machine and tried one of my old recipes – olive, Parmesan, and garlic bread. Turned out great and I enjoyed a slice of the warm, fresh bread smeared with olive oil or butter.


Now I’ve got a cranberry, raisin and cinnamon breakfast bread kneading away in the machine. This place smells wonderful. I didn’t realize how much I missed the smell and taste of fresh bread until today.


Had a nice break this afternoon when my friend, Ron, stopped by with a book he is sure I will enjoy and a calendar featuring some of his best photos of last year. A favourite waitress and I am in one of them - for the month of February. We visited for a while and had a nice chat before he hit the road for home.


I shifted into dinner mode prepping ingredients for a spinach salad – I’ve been craving one for a week, must need iron – then sliced chicken breast for stir-fry. A pretty good day.


Time now for a shower and I think I smell olives in my future…


And so it goes.


*

3 comments:

  1. Yes it was a good day. I thought I smelled baking bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my bread machine
    Alas, Someone doesn't care for bread; when I make a loaf almost always half the loaf goes bad before it can be consumed.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...