Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Feelin' Good

Snow was supposed to begin falling overnight, but when I left for work this morning there was no sight of the white stuff. And then it happened. By the time I headed back to the apartment, three inches of light powder had fallen.

Roads were clear, but drivers were in panic mode and given a wide berth.

When I got here I grabbed the broom and cleared the steps and porch, then swept the snow off my landlady’s car as well as her steps and porch. Recovering from serious surgery for about a week, I didn’t want her to exert herself – which she is apt to do – and disrupt her healing process.

It was with joy and relief that I finally entered the apartment, shed wet clothes and boots, and slipped into a perfect Manhattan. There is nothing like bourbon to warm the body and extremities.


In warm fleece and snuggled in a comforter, I warmed up as supper heated. It was difficult to tear myself from that cozy cocoon, but the roast and veggies were just what this old body needed; I am full of comfort food, feeling satisfied, and will likely head off to sleep after the KO program.


Forecast is calling for another 2 to 4 inches of snow overnight, but since I am off for the next two days, I don’t care. Enjoying the sight of snow as it settles over the marshes and the anticipation of seeing water birds that will undoubtedly visit will be fine with me.


It's back to the cocoon now.


And so it goes.


*


1 comment:

  1. I'm off for two days too. Good timing I would say, wouldn't you? Haven't been out since Monday. Come on rain and clear this snow away. Come again another day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...