Sunday, September 6, 2009

Changes in Weather and Life

On September 1st. the hot spell ended as if turned off by a switch. Literally overnight the temperature dropped 25' and the humidity plunged even more.

The glass doors were thrown open at the restaurant and everybody was in a happy, relaxed frame of mind. The breeze coming off the Atlantic was fresh and salty. Perfect! This entire week has been a carbon copy (does anyone know what that phrase means, anymore?) with temps in the 70s by day and 60s at night. Great sleeping weather as well as great for the working environment.

Today it reached the 80' mark but only for a short time as the winds kicked up and clouds moved into the area. As I left work this evening the temp was 76'...that's the local weather update here at OT.

Meanwhile, with the store set to close at the end of the month, I have to begin searching for another part time job to take up the slack. While the owner wants me to stay on in the event the a**holes at Outlet headquarters renew our lease at the 11th hour, having witnessed their treatment of other family owned businesses, I doubt that is going to happen. They make more money off the big companies and, unfortunately, they continue to believe that "greed is good" and all the rest be damned, kicked to the curb.

I will stay on until another job is locked in, then I will reluctantly give notice. This will be difficult for me. I've loved this job; the folks I work with have been there for me through the health issues and the end of the 30-year relationship; I doubt that I'd have gotten through the past three years with my sanity without their encouragement and emotional support. Yes, we've had a unique working relationship, we're always there when needed and I have been thrice blessed by them. I love them very much.

In any event, it appears to be time to move on, and after the many life-changing events of the past three years I am no longer afraid of moving on. Looking forward to a change, actually. Scared? You bet. As the saying goes, "if change is all there is, choice is all you've got" - can I get an Amen?

I'm looking forward to the possibility of a better paying job so I can take my dream Alaskan Cruise. That may sound silly, but it has been a dream, a goal, for a very long time. I had been putting money aside for 4 years before the breakup. That money eventually went to pay medical bills. But since the cabin prices are based on double occupancy, someone to share the experience must be found. I could not afford to pay for a cabin on my own.

Ain't life grand?

Tomorrow means another long day selling baubles.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing my last night in (S)Lower Delaware with me at Dos Locos. It was GREAT. When I left on Saturday, it was HOT but that's only because it had been so rainy and cool for the prior three days. I love RB in the summer, but it's still wonderful in the Fall. Oh, and not to worry - you'll get to Alaska. We'll get you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture on your blog! You should take more pictures.

    Do not worry or be afraid, you will do fine in finding another job. In fact I predict it will be a better job all the way around; pay and enjoying what you're doing.

    God has a plan for all of us. He just tested you a little earlier than most. And you have come through with your feather boa intact and your tiara planted firmly on your brow. I cannot see you failing at anything. It just isn't in your makeup.

    You still have your magic wand? Time to sprinkle a little stardust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will wish you luck in the job hunt that you might find a position that will be enjoyable, fulfilling, and compensate you well so that your tour dream may become a reality.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...