Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Sony Surprise!

The cool, glorious weather made job #2 a relaxed joy. I joined a few co-workers for an after-shift cocktail and had two, actually. Something I never do. We all headed for the bus and I decided to hit the Sony store to search for a new TV. The pleasant buzz and the good news awaiting me was unexpected.

I was happily surprised to discover the 32" L5000 was on sale for nearly the same price as the 26" (there were no 26" units left) so I purchased the larger TV for little more than the smaller one and it fits nicely in the corner of the apt. It is also nice that I got an additional $100.00 off using the gift certificate that arrived in the mail from a previous purchase that offered a rebate and the gift card.

Long story short - I came home with a 32" Sony Bravia TV for less than $300.00. And I purchased the 2-year in home warranty, mainly because of my bad back, but for $25.00 I figured it was worth it.

Setting it up was a piece of cake and the picture is beautiful. And the DVD/Video combo unit connects directly into the TV. No receiver necessary, so more money saved.

Lemuel, you were right!!! Thanks.

Funny, this new Sony was about half the price of the old one. Of course, the old TV is much heavier, so I will have to ask someone to help remove it.

Now it's time to enjoy a G & T and wait for Olbermann and Maddow shows.

Love it when things work out easily and smoothly. Happy, happy!

And so it goes.

*

4 comments:

  1. I envy you on your good buy. I still have a heavy monstrosity [also Sony] sitting in the corner of the room, it works but takes ages to warm up. [I know TMI]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter,

    The good news about Sony is that their products last a long time. The bad news is that Sony products last a long time.

    Double edged sword, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it all worked out for you! With our new TV (a Samsung), if I play a CD or a DVD, it automatically switches to that input. I do have to use the remote to switch back to the dish input for the TV signal after I'm done though.
    You might have enjoyed watching the circus as I moved our old monster CRT TV from the LR to the BR. In the end, I saved my back and did get it moved. I was quite proud of my "creative engineering" in my use of various wheeled carts, mats, rollers, etc. I think I am now ready to consult with the Egyptians on the forthcoming building of the pyramids. ;)
    Enjoy that new TV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very happy for you! Now if you were "smart" like I was, you would have bought your SONY Bravia TV two years ago for $3,000 (37 inch) and paid $400 for a 4 year maintenance contract. Oh, I also paid two guys from the Geek Squad (not the Geek you know and used to love) at Best Buy to set it up. Ah yes.

    But I am happy for you. Enjoy. Especially when you watch DVD's. You won't want to go to the movie theater again ever. Let me know when you want help moving the old clunker.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...