Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Beach Day & A Celebration Begins

Oy! What a day!

 Beautiful clear sky (sans clouds), a light ocean breeze and temps in the 80s. It topped 94' as I made my way back to the apartment after work.

The joint was packed with before and after beach go'ers and of course, the annual Cinco de Mayo celebration kicked off today with killer drink prices and special menu items for the next 5 days. There will be a "Crazy Pinata Hat" contest tonight that I am sure will be a screamer. The first prize is $100. The possibilities are endless. Can't wait to see the pictures tomorrow.

The 6 servers opening with me were almost perfect in every way and everything clicked and all the bits fell into place. The best team I have worked with so far and we had a ball. Margaritas and Mexican Beers flowed all day and the evening is totally booked with reservations. I worked an extra hour due to the crowds and when I finished my shift the bar was too uncomfortably full, so I skipped my badly needed post-shift cocktail.

I know I've written this before, but I really and truly love this job, the people I work for, and the crew I work with. Now to get an apartment finalized before Memorial Day is the only major necessity left on this guy's gay agenda. Last night I dreamed that I made a quiche - something I have been unable to enjoy doing in three years. Is the Universe telling me something, or am I just delusional?

Have shed the work drag and am enjoying a festive martini as I prep supper and write this.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. After your disastrous winter down there, it was time for a party weekend. I am happy for you, but could you keep the 80's and 90's (temps not decades) down there on the shore and leave the 70's up here with us wusses in the hinterlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've said this before but I am so happy that you have this job. It is perfect for you. And you're perfect for them. I know you're fun to work with (a scream.) After your shocker of four years ago (is it really that long?) I knew you would recover. Cream rises to the top.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...