Thursday, May 20, 2010

Moving, Imagining, and Taking Ownership


Counting the days, hours, minutes until I am entrenched in the new digs. Brought more things over early today, then spent 2 hours unpacking boxes and putting things away; taking ownership of the new place, I guess.  Doing this relaxed and took me into another place. I began to imagine what the place will look like when all the pieces fall into place.  Probably not until after the season. I am in no rush, but I would like a chair or two and a small table.

Though I had to be super careful about the weight I was lifting, that didn't dampen my spirits. I took great pride in collapsing the boxes and taking them for recycling - there are 7 fewer boxes than yesterday - along with my usual recyclables.

When I arrived at the restaurant I was calm, energized, and ready for the day ahead.

I'm taking a break tomorrow and only running a few necessary errands before work. I just can't run up and down that flight of stairs another day without a respite. And, the errands are an important part of the process, as well. No guilt here.

Didn't sleep well last night, so following a festive cocktail and a light supper, it's off to bed. I am really exhausted

Image by friend Ron, who helped with the move on Wednesday. (Click the image to embiggen.) Yes, the apartment boasts 2 skylights - 1 in the kitchen and another in the bathroom.  I love them...so does Ron.

An so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Take your time so that you do not hurt yourself. It will be fabulous when you are done.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...