Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's Like Domino Dancing

Did you ever have one of those days with a long list of things to do and getting them done hinged on the first item in the chain accomplished successfully?

The first item didn't happen - so I couldn't watch the others all fall down in rapid order, as planned - and if matters aren't addressed quickly, my single day off will be totally wasted. What a frustrating disappointment. That is my day, so far. The domino effect inaction.

Eight important issues that must be resolved soon and the only person with any knowledge is not in the area today.  Everyone else is out of the loop. Ah, big Gubmint at it's finest.

With high humidity and temps in the mid-eighties, today would have been ideal to drive around in air-conditioned comfort listening to music while taking care of this business. But  the day is pretty much a wash out. I refuse to get angry and ruin my day when all of this is out of my control.

Well, fiddle-dee-dee, tomorrow's another day.

More later.
*

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have had those days when everything seems to go wrong and nothing gets done. Frustrating. Like today, all I wanted to do was go on one of my computers before I hit the ground running with my visit to the eye center then my Del Tech class (website design) tonight. Could I get on any frigging computer (including my iMac) that wasn't updating something? Of course not. Sometimes it seems as if our life is spent trying to stay one step ahead of some idiot who is trying plant a virus to destroy our computer. Upgrade, schmuck grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that kind of day frustrates me no end! I can be (read: I am ;) ) very anal and when one item in the list blocks all others, I go bonkers.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...