Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco de Mayo: MoJo - NoGo

The first six-day work week and I've not adjusted well. And the full week of Cinco de Mayo festivities hasn't helped. Earlier mornings and later evenings at the restaurant are taking a toll, so all I want to do is enjoy my AS cocktail, walk home, cook something for supper, read email and news updates, take a shower, crawl under the covers, and turn off the lights. Thunderstorms are forecast for tonight, so that will help me sleep better.

Don't get me wrong here, I love Cinco de Mayo and all the madness it brings to our guests and all of us, but...no lead time to gear up has left me sputtering by the end of each day.  Today was the worst. My energy level with staff and customers was fine.  I just feel off, sluggish, slow-witted and trying way too hard. That may be why I feel so spent. I didn't even have the energy - or focus - to participate in the "5 on the Fifth" photo meme.  Maybe next month.

Damn!  Where are those Mary Janes when I really need them?

The forecast for tomorrow is for a perfect beach day, so we may not be busy and I can regroup to prepare for Mother's Day on Sunday - another very busy day for the restaurant.

I will finish my martini and check off the items listed above and see what tomorrow brings.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. Look in the mirror, you're not a spring chickie any more dearie. Working even five days at the hotel leaves me dragging my tail and the end of the day and my job isn't half as demanding as yours is. Of course I am MUCH older than you but still. When I get back tomorrow I'm looking at at least two weeks of working full time while they train a new front desk clerk. and we're starting our busy time too, especially on the weekends whe. Every other guest wants that room with a water view of the ocean. It ain't happening honey. Maybe a partial view (over the parking lot) of the Lewes-Rehoboth Canal. I'm going to need a lot of rest to keep my cherry disposition. Speaking of which, I do believe it is time for me to go to bed. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will catch your stride, you always do. You always amaze me with your ability to come back stronger than before.

    Rest while you can.

    TT

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...