Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Day With the Doctor

And I don't mean Dr. Who.  At least that would be fun.

The 6 month follow-up visit (carousel of crazy) occurred this morning at 8:30 with plenty of word salad, but a lot of questions were answered. Though some left me with more questions - for another time - after Medicare kicks in at the end of July. Pulse was elevated, but otherwise all vitals were within normal ranges and I have a new scrip for blood work which will be drawn tomorrow before work. 

After checking my eyes, ears, nose and throat, the Dr. determined that I should continue taking the OC allergy medication and gave me a sample of nasal spray to use twice daily.  Shortly after arriving home I followed his instructions of 2 sprits up each nostril, and felt better within a few minutes.  Wow!  Just WOW!

The Dr. faxed a prescription to the pharmacy for a new Arthritis pain killer that I hope will relieve the pain in the hands.  It's going to be expensive, but I really need relief to get through the summer season. I just hope it helps. Can pick it up tomorrow morning, also before work.  Dr also suggested that I take Tylenol along with the scrip and although it never relieved my headaches, he said it seems to work with this drug very well.  What have I got to lose other than money I don't actually have?  And if it works, it will be well worth the cost.

For obvious reasons I didn't make it to the Farmers Market and it seems that Summer has arrived already.  The temperature outdoors is 89' F.  A huge, uncomfortable jump from the past week of 60s and 70s.  A real shock to the system. Unable to stop the sweating, I have reluctantly closed the windows and turned on the AC - set at 78'.

On another note, the small indoor plant I purchased at Home Depot just before moving in did not grow at all for a year.  Same with the tiny "Lucky Bamboo" I picked up while on the IKEA Furniture Fling last October.  All that has changed.  Both are growing/sprouting and seem to like their new environment. The strange plant, that I was drawn to for some reason, with waxy looking leaves is sending up a shoot, the likes of which I have never seen before. I am taking daily photos of the new shoot and will share them when I know what the end result will be.  The bamboo is pushing forth new leaves every few days.  It has grown 3 inches in less than a week.  Amazing.

New life and new growth always make me happy.

And so it goes, round and round, and round...

*

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news that you're in good health! When our Medicare kicks in, please make sure to take advantage of all the free introductory tests, including the colonoscopy.
    I'm working the full-time hours too, crazy hours since both full-time front desk clerks aren't there now. I'm glad I was working inside today and not outside with the August temps and humidity.
    Like you, seeing new growth on plants make me happy. My very favorite activity is working in my back yard.
    By the way, Tylenol never relieved my headaches either. Baby aspirin (89 mg) does the trick though.
    Continue in good health my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...