Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Flash! It Rained at the Beach Today

Can anyone tell me why people who have been swimming, sunbathing, surfing, body-boarding, or simply wading in the shallows ALWAYS scream like children and run like hell, attempting to protect themselves from a sudden downpour?  I am just asking.

No lightening or thunder, not even a strong wind - just a plain old mid-summer rainstorm. One would think that it was acid, not water falling from the sky.

I don't remember seeing this bizarre behavior when I was a kid, or even an adult when I was able to spend hours at the beach.

I mean, they're already in  swimsuits - and wet - so what's the panic all about? I suppose it's a good thing that they didn't stop and look up with their mouths open...could have drowned.

I am more and more amazed by the stoopid.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. anne marie in phillyAugust 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM

    bwhahahahaha! right on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never underestimate the stoopidity. One of my "favorite" questions working the front desk at the hotel where I work is "What's in the room?" Duh...a bed, chair, maybe a desk, rug." Next question: "Does it have a bathroom?" Uh.....NO, you have to go outside. WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info:
    Bugis Underground Network

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...