Saturday, August 25, 2012

Neil Armstrong: R.I.P.

I have vivid memories of these events. I was living in Greenwich, Connecticut at the time.
I recorded hours and hours of relevant information on to reel-to-reel tape via microphone placed in front of the speaker of my TV set.  The set remained tuned to CBS News with coverage anchored by Walter Cronkite.  Sadly, those tapes were lost in the settlement of the previous life.

Watching this video I remember how fearful I was for the safety of the men on this mission, and how thrilled I was with these events happening in my lifetime.

And so it goes.
*
BTW: I was not quite 23 years old at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...