Friday, August 10, 2012

'S' for Storms, 'M' for Movies

Thunderstorms began rolling through yesterday afternoon forcing everyone off the beach and into Happy Hours.  All in all, a cheerful bunch with the occasional grump thrown in to keep us on our toes.  (Of course, you KNOW that whenever it rains at the beach, it is automatically OUR fault. Look it up.)

Coastal Highway traffic was a nightmare and crew couldn't get in on time, so we juggled tables and servers as we could to keep up - but it was a stretch. I am changing my name to Juanita; I never want to hear my name whined as often or as loud as it was yesterday.

Walked home in yet another storm, was soaked to the skin when I arrived...but I didn't care.  I was HOME!!!  Slipped out of the wet work drag and into a dry martini as I prepared a light supper.

After that, I decided to stream a movie via Amazon Prime and chose "The Big Uneasy" by Harry Shearer - the true story of the Katrina debacle, coverup by the Army Corps of Engineers, and the ultimate truth destroying the ACoE's stories.  Well done and something everyone ought to spend 90 minutes watching, because the area you live in may be next.

BTW, the 7th Anniversary of the Katrina disaster is coming up on August 29th and I am sure there will be precious little coverage in the press, but much to-do in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast.

It was still early and I was still revved up from the day, so I found another interesting film (also on Prime - free) called "Forks over Knives" yes another documentary, but this one about how the so-called "diseases of affluence" that afflict us can be controlled; or even reversed; by cutting back, or rejecting most of our animal-based and processed foods. It made some very good points and the folks involved are top-notch in their fields.

While I could never see myself as a true vegan, I like the Asian diet of mostly fresh veggies, rice, sprouts, and a little meat on the side for flavour.

There!  I knocked out an entire evening that would have been boring otherwise, went to bed and slept like a rock.

Today was again filled with thunderstorms and the Crazy.  More on that later, maybe tomorrow. Another storm is upon us, so I'll end this and shutdown everything in case of a power-surge or outage.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. I have days at work like that also; if I hear one more person say my name, I'll scream like a little girl!

    think for yourselves, people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen "Six Feet Under" yet? If not, I think you would like it. You could be dealing with dead bodies and reconstruction challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...