Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Preserving the Past & Lothlórien

It's been a month since I began scanning thousands of 35mm slides and saving many of them in JPG format.  It was an addictive process and just identifying any given situation was an interesting challenge. Well, that's over.  Some situations I cannot recall from memory, but a few images were worth saving, and so they were.

Slide scanning is finished. Now the real work begins; clean up, restoration, colour correction; all lies ahead. This one I call "Lothlórien" is a place I visited many times over the years and it always reminded me of that magical forest in LOTR. It was a place of peace; the only sounds were of the birds, rushing water in the nearby stream, and not-yet fallen leaves rustling in the wind.  Magical.
I won't say where it is/was because it may not be there anymore. Sort of like the original.

The work will not get underway soon.  I will not have a day off until January 3, 2012, so that puts a damper on any of these activities.  Still, the images are scanned and saved and there is the rest of the winter months to work on them. It's all good.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. I love that photo. Beyond being lovely, it's haunting too. But just the right amount.
    I hope you'll have time to relax eventhough you'll be working.
    Take care.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mark: Thank you. It truly was a haunting place. So peaceful and quiet you could listen to your own heart pumping through your ears.
    I am so happy that this image survived without any damage.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...