Sunday, July 20, 2008

Reunion: First Look

Returned to DE this evening following what was a peaceful flight from NOLA, only to be caught in a descending spiral known as a “holding pattern” that lasted more than 45 minutes; making those passengers with connecting flights very nervous.

The drive home was uneventful and relaxing. While I traveled south with no traffic to speak of, the north–bound lanes were slow going and bumper-to-bumper.

Before heading off to bed I wanted to post a single photo to share a bit of what happened last evening in NOLA. Many thanks to B.B. for the image. (click the image to make biggen.)

The two lovely Sicilian women on either side of the man in the green shirt (P.J.) were my roommates and (still) good friends; Lynn (at left) and Dione (at right). I am directly behind Dione (in the blue shirt) and the handsome man next to me (at right) is my old crush, David, who is still straight, but kept his arm firmly around my waist throughout the photo session.

Hey! It’s not my fault that he’s straight!

Now, stop that.

In the middle row and second from the left in a white striped jacket is the lady who started the whole thing. Our dance teacher and mentor, Hazel Romano.

This group shot doesn’t include every dancer in attendance. There will be a more detailed story (and pictures) coming as soon as I gather my thoughts before my head explodes.

Right now it is time for some badly needed sleep.

More when I can focus.

And so it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous picture! And don't you look handsome! Maybe it was that straight arm around your waist that brought out your best features. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and tales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, this is a heartwarming event. You all look so happy to be together again and feel comfortable with one another after so many years.
    I love this picture. The body language says it all.
    You are a very blessed individual possessing a rare gift of unconditional love that's lasted a half century.
    Remember this and those who have loved you all these years.
    I can't wait to read the rest of the weekend's events.
    You're the best.
    SC

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...