Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Counting Down to NOLA

Oh. My. God.

If I had any doubts about the ability of my two lovely Italian Women to pull this thing together, they are now history.

You see, while dealing with fat and angry tourists at work today, I received an overnight mailing via UPS that contained a "loose schedule" itinerary for our time together and reunion, as well as menus from restaurants in the Quarter - some I remember, some new to me - where certain menu items were circled to draw my attention - and I laughed til I cried.

This "loose" itinerary begins with breakfast every morning and ends when we're tucking one another into bed.

Now, reading between the lines, there are lots more unmentioned adventures and that's what I'm looking forward to - local dives, meeting NOLA bloggers - and getting down to some real food.

On a serious note, I received a note from a friend who recently flew to LA out of Newark Airport. His warning was that security confiscated his photo equipment (digital and film) with no explanation. Security asked for an address and issued a receipt for the equipment.
Thankfully, his package arrived two days later via Fed Ex overnight, but the film was gone and the memory card in his digital had been erased.

You'll excuse me while I begin practicing how to pack what I'm taking to NOLA into a collapsible bag.

Now: Do I take the feather boa, or the extra shoes? Oh, decisions...Shit.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...