Saturday, May 30, 2009

O' Happy Day

I slept in this morning. It was useless to attempt opening my eyes - they wanted to remain closed begging for more sleep - so when I finally awoke two hours later - I was rested and ready for the day.

Although I am working 6-day weeks I am blessed by enjoying both jobs. Job #1 may be in jeopardy because I haven't had a sale in two weeks. But, then again, not many sales are being made. In this economy the first off the lists of consumers are luxury items - which includes fine jewelry. The folks I work with continue to be supportive and helpful, but it's anyone's guess what is ahead unless things turn around in the near future.

Job #2 continues to be a learning experience and, for the most part, a joyful one. I can be annoying asking simple questions about the business, but the answers come with patience and reason. I must be doing something right because my bosses constantly tease and challenge me with new situations. I tease right back, but learn from the experiences.

Two other people from my previous life chose to dine with us this week and by their uncomfortable and troublesome glances my way, I was amazed they didn't decide to leave the premises. They stayed, but avoided any contact with me. The quality of the food proved more important than their discomfort about me. Well, to quote a famous Quean, "bite me, bitches!"

I am grateful I was brought onboard before the summer season began because if I was coming in this week I would be over my head with the craziness and onslaught of tourists. As it stands now, I have been able to handle most situations and when things get too rough, there is always someone there to help take up the slack. These people really know their business, customer service, and how to get things done. I am very impressed.

After getting the chores done today - web work, hair cut, shower, etc. - it was time to do some major league cooking, so I have a pork loin roast smothered with garlic, rosemary, olive oil, fresh tomatoes and green olives cooking in the Crock for dinners later this week.

Enjoyed a festive cocktail and watched a documentary about the life and works of Ub IWerks - the famous animator and inventor, and now I am about to have a bit of supper and decide what I want to do this evening. Since I work tomorrow, going out isn't in the cards, and that's fine with me. I don't feel like driving anywhere.

Just chillin' with another chilled cocktail on the agenda tonight.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. A good news posting. I am so glad for you that you are enjoying your new job. You sound happy and contented. As for the duo from your Previous Life, if they had a problem seeing you then it is THEIR problem. Too bad. You're way past that. Sail on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am itching to get out the crockpot and try some cooking with it. I have a whole book of recipes for it.

    You inspire me to have a festive cocktail this afternoon. Dirty Martini?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to inspire somebody.

    Not a dirty one - a Bombay sapphire with a whisper of vermouth.

    I have so many wonderful recipes for the crock that I've refined over the years to suit any size cooker. Since it's only me now I tend to used the small 2.5 quart, or the 2 qt. and I still have enough for 3 or 4 other delicious meals. I freeze individual portions so I don't have to get tired of the same food every night.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...