Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Speechless/Shocked Update: Send in The Clowns.

Regarding the possibly-romantic encounter of last week - nothing positive came of it. (Click the image to embiggen.)

When he took my call later that afternoon it was clear that he was in another bar and drunk to the gills. Insisting that he was leaving - paying his tab as we spoke, and making his way to yet another bar, where he expected to meet with me. As I tried to explain that this was impossible the phone went dead.

One more attempt the next day yielded the same scenario; drunk, incoherent, demanding - not to mention a little lewd. I turned off the phone as I headed to work, then on again that evening to find two messages from him. It was clear that he was still well lubricated but a little more aware that his behavior had been unacceptable, spending a good five to ten minutes apologizing repeatedly, parroting the same rehearsed sentences and phrases over and over in both messages. Not worth repeating the lame excuses. I did not call again. If you've ever had dealings with a drunk you know the phrases by heart. Been there, done that. Don't want another tee-shirt!

An interesting, complicated encounter. But...Life goes on.

And so it goes.
*

5 comments:

  1. dear me
    I wasn't aware people like this still exist !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not the scenario I was expecting. Very disappointing. But, as you know, one cannot compete with alcohol or any other substance abuse. Get ready (are you sitting down?).....BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! TWICE! Ironically, both were very handsome men. Charmers too. But the alcohol and drugs always came first.

    It's a losing proposition with these people. It's best that it ended sooner than later. The good thing that came out of this chance encounter is that your looks and manner can still turn heads. You still have it! Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to say it but there was a time in my life when I was like that; back when I had a real problem with the hooch living in the French Quarter. It's a good thing you found this out sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ur-spo - I am surprised that you were unaware of these folks in our midst.

    Ron - Thanks for your encouragement and positive energy.

    Hayward - Thanks for your input and confession. Happy that you were able to get out of that behaviour. And, thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTF? I have said it before, men are bastards - gay or straight - and I am sorry this happened to you.
    Just my opinion.

    BEB

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...