Sunday, May 3, 2009

Will He Ever Learn?

Clearly, no.

The back is quite inflamed after all the cleaning chores yesterday. It didn't feel like I was over-doing it at the time, but last evening as I prepared for sleep the pain in the lower back became intense. I tried to find a muscle relaxant, but had to settle for a high dose of Ibuprofen to help sleep take me away.

No good deed goes unpunished.

I got through work today by knocking back more IB, and continued to search for painkillers or muscle relaxants to ease the pain when I got back to the apartment. I am sure there are some left from last November. It's just a matter of putting my hands on them.

Now, if I were such a pill, where would I be at this moment? Hm. I just don't seem to get an answer or an insight as to where I would have put them other than the refrigerator or cabinet. But, they're not in either place. Bother.

I hope it's better tomorrow because if not, and if I cannot find some relief, Tuesday at the second job will be difficult. Having fractured 3 vertebrae in my spine in November, I cannot even think of visiting a chiropractor. Rock, say hello to a hard place.

Prayers are requested, if you are so inclined.

And so it goes.
*

5 comments:

  1. As I sit on a backless stool at the hotel, with an aching back, my sympathy is with you. My stabbing pain is below my left shoulder. I don't take anything for the pain other than twist myself into a pretzel when I go to bed tonight and pray that the pain goes away by tomorrow's shift. I only get this pain when I do more than two days in a row. Next week it's four days in a row. My back is aching already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got them. May the pain easy quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sitting on this backless stool again at the hotel. My back is aching again. I hope you back is better. As Bette said, "Getting old ain't for sissies." I'm no sissie (don't go there.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sending you healing thoughts right up your backside through your spine.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...