Friday, May 22, 2009

Speechless and Shocked

I am not myself this evening. Well, actually I am beside myself - shaking hands with the self this evening. I've been called out in the most unexpected way, and I...

I'll attempt to explain: With a steadily busy lunch crowd at job #2 today and not wanting to be distracted, focused on business as usual. Suddenly I turn around to find a handsome man smiling at me and asking if he could just sit at the bar. I led him to the bar.
Thought no more of it and continued with the job at hand. With a break in the business I felt I was being observed and glanced over to the bar area and there he was, smiling at me. He beckoned me over.

He says, "The food smells delicious, but I came in because of what I saw from outside."

I am a real duffus!

I asked, "was it the bar, the decor, the openness of the place?"

Looking directly into my eyes he says, "No, it was your smile and outgoing manner and I just wanted to say that I find you very attractive and I'd like to spend some time with you." I was not expecting this, nor was I ready for it. Yes, I Am A Duffus!

Look, it's been years since anyone has shown an interest in, never mind attraction to me and I was speechless. Not to mention that I haven't been on a dinner and movie date, or in the sack with anyone other than my X for over 30 years. The head was spinning.

Well, I didn't make a total ass of myself and recovered as oxygen returned to the brain and lungs.

He was visiting his mother who lives in the area and will be here through Wednesday (his birthday) dividing his time between her and the beach. He offered his cell phone number and will follow up to see what this is all about. He's from North Carolina, and as we say down south, never trust a 'gentleman' who flatters and gushes upon first meeting.

Suddenly I feel older than I am - and shouldn't that be the other way round?

Befuddled? You bet!

Stay tuned.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. Don't you love his openess, hope a nice friendship will develope... all other things you can act on later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tuned.....Im tuned. BTW, again I will say this to you, you consistently do not give yourself enough credit. You have a LOT going for you. It just takes the right person to see it. Do not discount yourself because of a failed relationship or your age or looks. What counts is the person (okay, personality). You have TONS OF IT. Just be yourself. That is obviously what this man found attractive about you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the attention! From what I've read on your blog he's in for a bigger treat when he actually gets to know you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...