Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rehoboth Beach - The Season Begins...

Well, it is for all beach resorts, anyway.

All the signs are visible:
Parking meters are being uncovered and programmed for the gluttonous intake of coins.

Parking permit hawkers are in place at their usual locations situated under large beach umbrellas like money changers in the temple. These are a necessity for all parking on non-metered streets in town.

Businesses are hurriedly making transportation arrangements for employees into and out of town for the season. I am one of these. (The cost of feeding parking meters could cancel out the day's pay.) Hey, it's a resort town.

Off-season discounts are being eliminated from menus of many restaurants.

While I look forward to the summer and hope for a successful season for all resort retailers, I will be experiencing this season from a whole new perspective. I will be a part of the seasonal atmosphere; part of the tourist experience; part of making memories for unknown numbers of visitors - and hoping that I can help make those experiences positive and happy memories of their time in Rehoboth Beach.

After years of being recipient of the town's hospitality, I now have the privilege of offering it, instead. This is where you'll find me about three days a week. Sounds great to me.

More later.
*

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a great season and many tips. But also think of your own health, listen to your body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the advice, my friend. I am taking extra care so that I can pay off the medical bills and not accrue any new ones.

    Have a wonderful holiday here in the states.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...