Friday, May 8, 2009

Still Here and a Little Frazzled

Lots of insanity-making stuff has been happening in my life and not all of it good or even worth mentioning. I've been working six days a week for the past 3 and between the two jobs and the increasing stoopid coming at me from the medical establishment I hardly have the time to breathe and sleep.

I am working at incorporating errands into my daily schedule rather than putting them aside for my one day off. I think it will work out OK, at least for the summer.

Since the robbery at Job 1 two weeks ago things have been chaotic dealing with the police, insurance reps., detectives, and the press. 12-hour days have been the norm lately and we're all feeling the anxiety that follows such traumatic events. The owners have been around helping with the clean up and offering support. Yesterday we all had a good cry together - as was bound to happen due to stress - and felt much better for it.

Job 2 is going along OK, though I still have plenty to learn. Cinco de Mayo was a very festive day and a good time was had by all. I'm getting the hang of the rhythm of the place and the personalities of those with whom I share the shift. There is some drama, but I try to stay out of it for the most part. I have enough on my plate with enough drama in the last 3 years to last the rest of my life.

The sun has finally made an appearance this morning, a very good sign. There was a full moon last night, so today - and the weekend - ought to be very interesting.

More later.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...