Sunday, October 11, 2009

National Equality March: Obama at HRC

President rehashes the rhetoric of the campaign. Gives no ground on any issue related to the LGBT community; makes no promises, which was as expected.

His speech at the HRC was the usual mixed bag. His opening comments about it being a privilege to "open for Lady Gaga" was an attempt to relax the audience, who seemed welcoming enough anyway. Nothing new in the lengthy speech, only the same old, same old.

Excuse me! The adults may be talking, but they're not saying much about equal rights of folks like me. I am very disappointed.

To all my friends willing and able to be in DC this weekend, or only for the march today. You represent me, as well. You are in thoughts and prayers. Be safe and be careful.

Off to work I go. More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...