Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Surprise Gift: For My Own Good.

When I checked the PO box this morning there was a notice that a package was waiting for me. Since I was there at 6:45 am, I had to return after work to pick up the package. I didn't order anything and no one sent an alert to be on the look out for a package.

So, this medium size box from Amazon is put into my hands and, wanting to get back to the apartment before the rains hit again, I threw it into the car and headed home.

Opening the box revealed a smaller box with a note card attached that read:

"Your recent post reflecting on the past 3 years got me to thinking of your situation in musical terms. I know you like the Pet Shop Boys and the enclosed seems appropriate to address your three year journey. I don't know that you have this disc, but I wanted to draw your attention to a few song lyrics on this album, NIGHTLIFE. Listen carefully to these tunes:

For Your Own Good.
I Don't Know What You Want But I Can't Give It Anymore.

Happiness is an Option.

You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk.

From your post it strikes me that you are in a place where you can enjoy the irony.
Just a very proud friend."

I think I know who sent the CD. There are few friends left alive who are so into song lyrics, but I am not going to venture a guess. I am sure Sitemeter will offer some clues in the weekly report. I may post what I surmise, or not. Listen to the songs first, then I'll decide. I am puzzled, curious, and anxious to hear the disc.

Surprises are good things - most of the time.

And so it goes.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...