Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Twenty Years Ago.

Ur-Spo (the dear) posted this, then Peter jumped onboard, so I am following their lead on this one.

Then & Now:
Then ~ October 1989

1. Age: 43.

2. Romantic Status: Coupled for 13 years.

3. Occupation: Voice Actor

4. Fun night out: NYC to see a play or concert

5. My BFFs: my partner, and Barbara

6. I spent way too much time: tending to the relationship.

7. I spent not enough time: Taking care of me

8. I wanted to be when I grew up: Just what I was at the time.

9. Biggest concern: Adjustable Rate Mortgage

10. What my biggest concern should have been: Taking care of me.

11. Where did I live: Mount Olive, NJ

12. Dumbest thing I did that year: Voice-0ver a Super Pretzel TV ad and didn't get paid.

13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: Take better care of you, not so much everyone else.


Now ~ October 2009

1. Age: do the math.

2. Romantic Status: Single after a 30-year relationship.

3. Occupation: sales - service

4. Fun night out: Burgers with new friends

5. My BFFs: Barbara, Dione, Dennis, Ron.

6. I spend way too much time: Alone in the apartment

7. I spend not enough time: Getting out to meet new people.

8. I want to be when I grow up: Healthy.

9. Biggest concern: Being alone (not lonely - there's a difference)

10. What my biggest concern should be: Doing what I have dreamed of doing - an Alaskan Cruise/Tour.

11. Where do I live: Rehoboth Beach, Delaware - USA

12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: Nothing I can think of. I guess I've learned a few things.

13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: You've survived devastating crisis and come out on top.


Summary
1. What do I miss most from 1989: That feeling of love and security.

2. What do I miss least from 1989: Memorial Services for friends lost to AIDS.

3. What have I accomplished in 20 years that I am most proud of: Knowing that I need little to live comfortably.

4. What have I NOT accomplished in 20 years that I wish I had: Security and Love.
Wow! That was a trip and a half!

More later.
*

3 comments:

  1. thank you for playing; that was good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to learn something from someone you only know through the internet. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...