Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dear World: "I Don't Want to Know"

For over a week I've awakened all hours of the night with this song playing in my head, sometimes I'm singing the intense lyrics and other times just humming the music.  I have no idea what this means or why I am being subjected to this Jerry Herman classic waltz from a Broadway flop, but I had to find some version on YouTube. I searched for the Karen Morrow version from the tribute to Herman at the Hollywood Bowl, but the sound was negligible, and then I found this.WOW!

The singer is Sam Harris. I have no idea who this guy is, but this arrangement is perfect for the melodrama; the beauty of the piece. I just cannot get this melody out of my head.  Perhaps posting this video will help purge the song from my poor, tired brain.   Paging Dr. Freud!
Comment if you like. I enjoy all thoughts and input, always.

The back is really acting up, and I am exhausted from lack of sleep last night.

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. So... by posting this song you expelled it from playing in *your* head, so it will now play in *my* head. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cajun,

    I believe this is the guy who stunned everyone with his singing & went on to win the grand prize on Star Search. I had forgotten all about him but was mesmerized by his voice then. Thanks for bringing back that memory!! I think I'll go look for his CD's.

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lem: The song still swirls in my head; I hum the tune on the walk to work and sing the lyrics on the walk home. Oh well...

    @Fran: I have never seen Star Search, but found a few clips of Harris performing on the show. In one clip he sang another fave of mine, "What did I Have" from On a Clear Day and did another bang up job.

    Thanks for the visit and the info.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...