Wednesday, September 22, 2010

You've Got to be Kidney!

No, even this doesn't help.
Sorry to be missing in action these past few days. The back pain had been intense over the weekend and I was only just getting through the work days, coming home and hitting the sheets as soon as possible. Being in that kind of pain caused a drop in appetite and I had to force myself to eat something before a shower and bed.  Not that sleeping has been easy. As long as I lie on my back, things are fine, but if I roll over on my side during sleep the pain wakes me up like an electric shock.

By Monday afternoon I realized that the pain wasn't being caused by the fracture problem, but something more sinister and all too familiar.  The pain was in the mid-back in the area of the kidneys and that can only mean one thing...I am about to give birth to a new baby kidney stone. I've had 4 or 5 (can't remember anymore) in my life, the last one about 2 years ago, there is no way to explain the pain, there is nothing to do but wait it out and pray it will pass without incident.  Well, relatively, that is.

There is no blood in the urine yet, but the pain has subsided and that means the stone is on the move southward to the bladder. From there on, the excruciating pain and blood will mark its passing through the urethra and (with any luck) out of my penis in a flow of bloody urine. How's that for a vivid picture? Sorry.


I've had nothing of interest to write about, (not to say that this post is interesting, by any means) but I've checked into some fave blogs over the past 2 days off which has been a blessing; being off however, has been a blessing and a curse, if you get my drift.  A blessing that I've been able to rest quietly in bed enjoying the fall-like weather; a curse because I miss my old schedule at work that usually helped take my mind off the pain.

It's back to work tomorrow as the weather returns to August-type highs - upper 80s with equally high humidity - that are forecast to continue through the weekend.  Of course, that's probably when the stone will make its entrance to the world. The little darling.  Ouch!

I just received a letter from the DE Board of Elections informing me that I DO NOT live where I do, because all mail has been returned to their office as undeliverable. Funny thing that, because my voter's registration card resides on the refrigerator via a magnet, so I don't know what other mail I should have received from them.  Oh, and yes, the letter was sent to my current address, but never mind.  Another phone call to the stoopid is in order.

And so it goes.
*

5 comments:

  1. Hope everything turns out right. Take care buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you as you await the "birth" of your next kidney stone. Been there, done that. I still have another waiting. Hopefully there are no complications for you other than the intense, excruiating pain. Peace be with you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not envy you. I have never (knock on wood) had a stone but I've heard they're excruciating, as you have indicated. I wish you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard that the pain from kidney stones is equivalent to the pain at giving birth. So far I've been spared the experience. I sincerely hope that yours passes quickly and with minimal pain.

    If only we could harness the stupid for energy to heat and cool our homes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, please let me know how I can avoid such horror.
    Hope this ends quickly for you.
    Take care, Friend.
    m.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...