Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Dos Locos Guys Got Married in the Morning!

After 22 years together my two loco bosses were legally married in Washington DC on Thursday, September 16, 2010.  Yes, it's true. And here they are on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, certificate in hand, pictured with Reverend Bonnie after the ceremony. Ironically, residents of the District have no representation in Congress.  So, go fig.
Once in a lifetime event. Yes, they had it.
There was a little surprise celebration awaiting them when they returned home that evening. The staff pitched in to purchase a few gifts and decorations.  I couldn't join in the party fun later however, since my back was really giving me serious trouble. But I did take this picture of the private dining room set up in their honor before I left for the evening.
Gifts, Champagne, balloons, and more await their arrival.
I will never understand how the happiness of two people can be seen as a threat to the happiness of anyone else. And I will make no attempt to understand such warped thinking. I rejoice in this brief moment of happiness and love that my dos locos shared with the world.

And so it goes.
*

5 comments:

  1. That's one of the longest engagements I've ever heard of, but I'm glad they finally were able to tie the knot.

    Kudos to them from Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes and much happiness to Dos Locos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope someone had "The Talk" with them before their wedding night!!!
    Congratulations to the Happily Married Couple.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lovely; congratulations to them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...