Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Of Sausage, Shirts, Shopping & Jazz

Another beautiful day off and all items on list were scratched off by late morning. Stopped by the thrift store on the way home in search some sort of festive lamp for atop the CD cabinet so that I can actually see the titles at night.  Nothing.

A visit to the Van Heusen store proved a good idea.  Found a few long sleeved shirts that will be perfect for the off-season.  Nice conservative plaids and stripes in toned down colors. And they were on sale at an outrageous price, so I bought 2.   But, it's summer season and I cannot find anything in colorful, festive prints to save my life, so I am making do with a few brightly colored plaids and solids in the closet already to get by. You see, I can enjoy bright colors for the day shift (and do!) but in the evening the locosguys want simple black and black.  And uh, black. I like black, I mean it goes with everything else without trying too hard, but on a bright summer day? Uh-uh. This is the kind of fabric I would like to see in a shirt.

What do you think, Dr. Spo?
The farmers market was bustling with people carrying their reusable bags scooping up early tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, and a nice variety of lettuces.  Of course I picked up a sourdough loaf, as well as a garlic/provolone loaf.  The sausage genius was there with yet another new blend - wild boar, hard salami, garlic, and Swiss chard - so you know I had to sample it. O.M.G. Unbelievable flavors.  Yes, I bought a package, which if I am not creative, will yield 3 dinners and a breakfast.

There was some interesting jazz in the air way back at the very end of the market and I made my way there to find this festive group jamming on "Summertime" which included a guy on Vibes.  Good stuff.  Their music made shoppers tap feet or attempt to sing along.  Click on the image above to embiggen.

A frequent DL customer and gin-lover (straight, damn it!) presented me with a bottle of Hendrick's Gin yesterday. He knows I love Bombay Sapphire, and though I've had Hendrick's before, he insists I didn't give it a proper tasting, And so, the cocktail of the evening will be a Hendrick's Gin Martini with  a thick  cucumber slice (instead of olives); made in my own home from a REAL unopened bottle of Hendrick's just to be sure. And, by some coincidence, it is almost 5 pm here.  Well, my stars!  However did that happen?

Meanwhile, no word on the "nothing to worry about" test results. Gee, so glad I took that advice.

And so it goes.
*

5 comments:

  1. One would expect that the Dos Locos guys would stay in theme, promote the T-shirts or something like that.

    Glad you had a fullfiling day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love that fabric! Oh yes, I can see that in a Dr. Spo Shirt. Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have six yards? 3 for you; 3 for me !

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ron: Fell in love at first sight.

    @Spo: Just shoot me an email with the proper address and the six yards will be ordered and on the way.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...